Saturday, December 5, 2015

My Mission - How do I Become Strong?

When I have an initial Strategy Sessions with people coming into the gym wanting to get fit, I rarely hear this exact question being asked from the person sitting in front of me.  Maybe it’s because of nerves or the assumption I’m just another meathead trainer who enjoys killing people in the gym or maybe the fear of getting hurt again, whatever the case, underneath all the words spoken I hear this silent question being asked of me.
"How do I become strong?"
This question, “How do I become strong?” drives me to explore how to reveal this underlying need from the person sitting in front of me. Whether we’re eighteen or eighty-five, becoming strong or remaining strong is the very foundation we attempt to live our lives upon. If you’ve ever been injured you know what it feels like to feel useless for yourself and for other people. Weakness in every aspect of its existence within us is debilitating physically, mentally and emotionally.  So when I sit down with someone for the first time and we’re both nervously sitting across from each other, this is what I’m concerned with, it’s what I’m seeking to address because I know what it’s like to feel weak. My mission is to meet you where you’re at and work from where you are and together rebuild the foundation of your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment